Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sick Days


Last week
my youngest came down with
the school plague
at least that is what all the kids from school
were calling it
it spread like wildfire
and the school ended up with a whole lot
of sick kids
I was out of town for a few days last week
and one early morning around
two thirty
I received  this text,
Mom,
not feeling well
staying home
not going to school
can you make me chicken soup?
It was a good thing I was headed home
the next day
Before I got home
I stopped by the grocery store
and picked up
"all the sick supplies that were requested"
homemade chicken soup
ginger ale
and
popsicles
and let's not forget the 10 boxes of kleenex
it was a nasty cold
the school year has officially started

Petie

2 comments:

  1. I hear you- My grandson just went into daycare this past week and got sick his first week there. Been to ER twice. Poor little tyke...and brand new parents that feel guilty and are worried sick- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yuck. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said the 'school year has officially started.' The 'plagues' are the nastiest part of school.

    Hoping that your daughter will feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete