Thursday, February 9, 2012

a pie recipe and a chef story


My daughter, kindly told me,
 that I do not post enough recipes on the blog.

She might of thrown in something about being a fabulous cook.
I told her that she has me mixed up with somebody else.

Everything I have learned about cooking,
is from the women in my life.
My mother,
 my SIL,
my MIL,
Grandma Rosie,
 a few women who worked at a  place called the Sheep Camp Restaurant,
one lady especially,
Joyce,
taught me everything I needed to know about baking.
And then there were the two sisters,
Carmella and Anna,
who not only peaked my interest in cooking and baking,
but peaked my interest in entertaining guests with food.
I wanted to be just like them when I grew up.
I need to include Martha Stewart
on this list.
I don't think I ever missed one of her shows, magazines, or books.
A few years ago,
I worked at a tiny little restaurant in Phoenix,
Ruby Beets.
It was owned by a lady named Karen,
she was an ER nurse,
who decided to attend culinary school in Phoenix.
This woman knew what food should taste like.
She had a knack for making everything taste divine.
Thank you to all the great CHEFS in my life.

Since this is the LOVE month,
you must make this pie for your VALENTINE.
It is a simple pie to make,
but so good...

Cherry Cream Cheese Pie

1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup of powdered sugar
lemon juice from 1 whole lemon

1 carton of whipping cream (1/2 pint)
1/4 cup powdered sugar

1 baked pie crust
1 can cherry pie filling

In a stand mixer,
beat the whip cream and 1/4 cup powdered sugar until
you have soft to medium peaks. 
Set aside in a large bowl.

In the same bowl that you beat the whip cream in,
(you do not have to wash the bowl)
add the cream cheese, 1 cup of powdered sugar, and
the lemon juice.
Beat this mixture until fluffy.
Fold this mixture into the whipping cream mixture
until blended.
Do not beat this mixture.
Put in your baked pie crust and top with
the can of cherry pie filling.
Refrigerate before serving.


Happy Valentine's Day,






Petie

5 comments:

  1. Now YOU are the one who teaches and inspires. You throw the best parties. Everything is always delightful, delicious and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recipe!! You are a great cook/mom :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post. And the recipe looks great... can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Holly and Gigi! I love coming to AZ and getting some of your treats!

    ReplyDelete