Monday, April 16, 2018


My ever changing dining room.
A hodgepodge of things that I purchase for my vintage shows,
that don't sell. I have big plans for this room.
A BIG chandelier, wallpaper, lockers, new chairs, and some art that is not countryish. Going in a totally different direction.

Life is moving full speed ahead.
My youngest will be graduating from college in May.
I remember when she was born, and I was so scared for the future.
and here we are, almost 23 years later and she is a force to be reckoned with.
I admire her. The challenges that she faces on an everyday basis.
A little person in a big world.
God has big plans for you. Stay faithful...

I have a big show at the end of April.
So much work, but so much fun.
I went to a farm auction this past saturday.
It's my drug.  On sunday, I was going through withdrawals.
I stayed the whole day. Forgot to put sunscreen on.
But my red face is so worth it.
All I can think about is "when is the next one?"

My hubby and I have been kidless for the last few months and
we LOVE it...
Our son took a job out of state, which left us alone
 for the first time since we were married. 
Eating popcorn every night and watching LivePD
every friday and saturday night.
 Such a silly show, but we get the best laughter from watching it.
I love growing old with this man.

We now have four monkeys from our oldest.
From the minute they arrive at our house until they leave,
it's a whirlwind and some days it's a tornado.
I love these little people with all my heart.
Who knew living through a kid tornado would be so much fun.
My daughter has so much patience. She's a beautiful Mother.
I admire her too. In a world that says, leave your children and get a career.
She has chosen to stay home.
She has answered the calling that God has blessed her with.
What a beautiful thing to witness.

and so life goes on...

Petie

2 comments:

  1. I hope you got your fix of farm auctions this summer. lol
    I hear you exactly with the monkeys coming to visit. Life is never the same is it? My oldest daughter sacrificed a lot when her kids were little to stay home with them. They are in school now and she is a working mom.
    My youngest daughter is a full-time stay-at-home mom and she absolutely loves it...the kids just shine and I know it is because she is at home with them.
    I hope you have a beautiful fall. I am sorry I didn't see this post sooner-my visiting is hit and miss all over blogland now that I am back to working full time. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete